The AKCP ropeFuel sensor provides distributed leak detection for a wide range of applications such as monitoring for fuel leaks beneath or around backup generator fuel tanks, fuel storage areas, or fuel transfer stations.
The sensor can be used ONLY ONCE. Etc. In case of contact with oil the sensor can NOT be cleaned. He needs to be replaced.
The ropeFuel sensor detects the presence of liquid hydrocarbon fuels at any point along its length. Installed with the AKCP sensor module, the sensor detects the liquid, triggers an alarm, and pinpoints the location of a leak within a meter, or a foot.
This sensor comes fully assembled including the fuel sensing rope, the non-sensing cable that connects the rope to the sensing module and the main sensing module that connects via CAT5e LAN cable to the sensorProbe\securityProbe 5E.
The sensor can be used to trigger alerts like email, SMS, Skype, phone calls and SNMP traps. The sensor has its own SNMP OID, so that it can be monitored over your network using any Network Management System.
Radiation cross-linking and conductive-polymer technologies provide chemical resistance and tensile strength in the sensing rope. Its core consists of an alarm signal wire and a continuity wire encased in a conductive-polymer jacket in a fluoropolymer braid.
This rugged construction ensures dependable reliably in the harshest of environments under the most demanding conditions.
AKCP ropeFuel Sensor
As this sensor is a rope type it is perfect for lying beneath fuel tanks, usually found being used with diesel generators in remote locations where early warning of fuel leakage or theft is vital to maintaining the power supply, either of a UPS or as the main power source.
Monitoring System 100 III - buy now
The advanced monitoring system 100 III is the entry level model of the high-end surveillance systems from Didactum. This monitoring appliance is designed and manucactured within the EU. The engineering and support of the Didactum monitoring systems are located in Germany.
- Cable Diameter: 0.28 in. (7 mm) nominal.
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to 60°C (-4° F to 140° F).
- Pull Force Limit: Not to exceed 50 lb.
- Bend Radius: 2 in. (50 mm) minimum.
- Pressure: Loads greater than 20 lb (9 kg) per linear inch at 20°C (68°F) may immediately trigger an alarm.
- Measurement Accuracy: Capable of detecting the presence of fuel and oil at a specific location within 1 meter, or 1 foot along the length of the sensing rope.
- Sensor Type: Patent pending, microprocessor controlled capacitance measurement technology.
- Power Consumption: Typical 125 mWatt, 25 mA.
- Comes fully assembled and includes the rope portion that is the liquid sensing cable, the non-sensing leader cable (from the rope to the sensing module) and the main sensing module. Also includes a 5 foot CAT5 extension cable.
- Communications Cable: RJ-45 jack to main sensor module using standard UTP CAT5 cable. Maximum extension cable length is 30 meters or 100 feet.
- Sensing Rope Cable can be pre-ordered from a 1 meter minimum to any custom run length of up to 5 meters.
- Non-sensing Cable comes in a standard 20 foot run length and can be extended up to 165 feet (50 meters).
- Sensor OID is .220.127.116.11.4.1.3818.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0
The ropeFuel sensor is only compatible with the securityProb and sensorProbe shipped after October 2009. If you have an older sensorProbe2 or sensorProbe8 base unit, please contact us for upgrade details.